EPF balance is an accumulated amount that is present in your EPF Account. For better understanding, EPF balance is the amount which is deducted from the employee’s salary for EPF payment every month which also includes the Employer’s contribution of the certain percentage. EPF India is one of the major sources of remuneration for the salaried employee. It’s better to track your EPF balance quite regularly. Through regular enquiry of your EPF balance status, you can have an estimation regarding the retirement savings can be clearly planned.
Why is it important to know EPF balance?
It’s recommended to check your EPF balance time to time. The reason behind the regular EPF balance check is because the EPF account keeps the money funded by you and your employer. Every employer contributes 12% of your (employees) basic salary every month which makes your retirement corpus, often the biggest one. Hence a big accumulation will be generated for this EPF balance status so; it’s worth regularly knowing the EPF balance enquiry online. All you need to do is just remember your EPF Membership login. Regular EPF balance check keeps it in your mind. It makes you more alert about the EPF balance status.
Suddenly if you plan to shift to a new job it is common that you may forget do EPF transfer after the job switch. Likewise, people forget to claim their EPF withdrawal after retirement in their job which may problems like loss of EPF balance so far accumulated. Therefore when you check the EPF balance, you will definitely know your EPF Membership details.
Different Ways for EPF balance check:
With the improvement in the technology, the Employee’s Provident Fund Organisation (Popularly recognized to be EPFO India) also updated to various technological sources. In 2013, the organization launched EPF balance enquiry online where people can access their EPF balance check. Very recently, EPF Mobile App has also been launched for its users to know their EPF balance. Before these new services like EPF balance enquiry online and the mobile app i.e. the EPF app were made available to its users, finding out EPF balance was a bit difficult as the EPF member must find an EPF office and thereby know the EPF balance which is not an easy task. With the launch of the online EPF balance check facility, individuals can easily know their EPF balance in the matter of few minutes.
Very easily you can leave a missed call to 011 22 901 406 and know EPF balance very instantly. Likewise, EPF balance check can be done through SMS. Type EPFOHO UAN <select language> and send it to 7738299899 from your UAN registered mobile number. There is an option to receive a text message in 10 vernacular languages (English, Hindi, Telugu, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, and Bengali). Once you send the message EPF India will send you, the EPF membership details available as well last contribution, along with the total EPF balance.
Requirements to Know EPF balance status: To know your EPF balance you must have the following data stuff along with you. They are
- Activated UAN (Universal Account Number).
- Registered mobile number. Any change in the number should be intimated to UAN portal.
- UAN should have seeded the Bank Account number / PAN/ Aadhaar number.
How to check EPF balance enquiry online:
By following few steps listed down below you can easily check your EPF balance online.
- The first initiation towards checking your EPF balance is to keep your EPF account number handy.
- Open the link provided (EPF balance status) and click on the “Know your EPF balance” available at the bottom of the webpage.
- Select the state of the EPF office in which your account is maintained.
- As soon as your select your EPF state, it will once again ask you to select the region of EPF office.
- Now fill in your EPF account number, your name as mentioned in EPF records and registered mobile number. The EPF number would be in the following format – TN/MAS/0054222/000/0000111.
- After entering all the data asked for Click submit and the thereby EPF balance will be sent to you via SMS on to your registered mobile number.
- As explained earlier you may also know EPF balance by sending the text message to 7738299899 in the format specified above.
How to check EPF balance via UAN:
Here are some of the few steps which help you know EPF balance via UAN.
- Open the link (EPF balance via UAN).
- Enter your Universal Account Number of UAN.
- Enter the mobile number at which you will receive SMS for EPF balance.
- Select your EPF state, and choose your region of EPF office from the list.
- Fill in the captcha code displayed/generated by the system.
- You will receive an OTP thereby EPF balance details will be sent to the mobile number How to check EPF balance via SMS or Missed Call
How to know EPF balance by giving a missed call:
Simply leave a missed call to 011-22901406 from your registered mobile number. Very instantly within the fraction of seconds, you will be ensured with SMS that lists down your EPF number, age, and name as per the EPF India records. However, you will be required to provide your UAN along with Aadhar/PAN Number in order to know your EPF balance.
How to check EPF balance via mobile app:
- Open the Play store app in case of smart phones and featuring app’s in a case of iPhone etc.
- Search for EPF India, find it and download it
- After installing the app on your phone click member.
- Under the Member option, click on EPF balance/passbook and then input your twelve digit UAN number as well your registered mobile number.
- The system will now verify your mobile number
- If the mobile number-UAN combination is correct, you will be shown a screen which displays your updated EPF balance information along with all the personal information like your name, date of birth, Aadhar number; PAN for the tax deduction, last month EPF contribution etc.
Finally through any of the seven methods listed out below user van easily know EPF balance. They are:
- Through SMS – Type EPFOHO UAN <select language> and send it to 7738299899 from your UAN registered mobile number for easy access to EPF balance.
- Download EPF Passbook From UAN Portal: Month-wise statement will be provided regarding EPF balance check.
- Download EPF passbook From Member Portal –
- By leaving a Missed Call – Dial 011 22 901 406 and leave a missed call provided you should keep your UAN ready.
- Send SMS to get back PF account status – similar to a missed call service.
- Download EPF mobile App – Install EPF India to your mobile where in EPF balance can be known just through fingertips.
- Check EPF balance enquiry online – In the official web page, you can check your EPF balance.