They provide financial security to the employee at the time of retirement or for any emergency situations. EPF contribution is done regularly to the employee’s account from the time they join in an organization.
In order to save a part of their income in the epf account, employees need to have an EPF employee login for online payment of EPF. Both the employer and employee does the epf contribution at the rate of 12%.
How to register for EPF employee login details?
You will get your EPF employee login details when your employer sends the first epf contribution to the EPF.
Based on your name and ID number (as per kwsp 6 [form A]) the registration will be done. This registration would be completed once EPF receives the information verification from National Registration Department. This is automatic registration method to get your epf employee login details.
Other way to register for EPF and get your EPF employee login details is by registering at the counter or by post. You or your employer must submit KWSP 3 form at the counter or send it by post. Only then, you will get your epf employee login details.
One thing you need to take care of while filling the EPF form (KWSP 3) is affix your thumbprint clearly and furnish all your personal details correctly.
How to do online payment of epf?
When the monthly epf contributions are equal to or more than one lakh then, e payment of epf is made mandatory by the EPF department.
- Before making online payment of epf you must generate epfo challan by uploading your data on the epfo member portal. On top right corner of epfo challan you will find TRRN number. Note it down.
- After doing the above said process visit the epf member portal.
- In this epfo member portal you can find an option for e payment of epf called “online payment facility for employers”.
- In the very next page you will get terms and conditions page. Click on the check box stating that you have read the terms and conditions and then click on proceed button.
- Now the employee must input the TRRN number (as mentioned in the above point) and solve the automated captcha generated by the portal.
- Now the epf member balance information, transactions are shown to the user. You must then click on confirm button after validating all the data above.
- In the next step in online payment of epf, the epf member (user) can see the screen where he is asked to select the respective bank for online payment of epf. If you are from HDFC select the HDFC bank, if you are from ICICI then select that particular bank.
- Employer is then redirected to the Enet login page (e payment of epf page). There he needs to enter the user id and password.
- Once the user is logged into the account he can make the online payment of epf.
Benefits of electronic epfo challan:
- There is no requirement of paper work to be done and submitted to EPFO.
- You need not submit other forms like form 5,10 etc.,
- You can get the confirmation for online payment of epf through sms instantly.
- The epf contribution will be credited to the epf member in their accounts on monthly basis.
- Through this epfo member portal employers can view their previous online payment of epf transactions.
Rules for EPF payment online | online payment of epf:
- You can make online payment of epf from one epf account to another epf account.
- There is no time restriction for online payment of epf.
- One restriction is that online payment of epf can be done only to your account, not to any third party’s account.
- While e payment of epf, partial amount transfer from one epf account to another epf account cannot be done.
- Authentication is mandatory for online payment of epf.
- All the fields in both the accounts must be same while making online payment of epf.
Online Transfer Claim portal (OTCP):
This is one of the easy method for online payment of epf. One benefit of using online transfer claim portal is that you can make the online payment of epf without even linking to aadhar card or UAN number.
In this method you need to apply for the PF transfer at the online transfer claim portal.
But,in this process of online payment of epf, your previous or current employer authenticates your application. All this process for epf payment online would be authenticated by the employer.
Once this epf online payment is done the employee must submit the printed application form to the concerned employer.
Physical EPF transfer:
You can make the physical transfer of epf balance instead of online payment of epf. But, in this case you need to fill in the details in form number 13. Once you have furnished the details, you must submit this application to the present or previous employer.
Then, the employer verifies your complete form and forwards the epf form to concerned EPFO office.
After the form is reached to EPFO, EPFO will transfer the epf balance from previous account to the current epf balance account.
- Physical method is bit time consuming, rather than this you can make online payment of epf or transfer claim.
- You don’t require the Aadhar or Unique Account Number for this mode of epf balance transfer.
- Attach the personal details rectification form if there is any mismatch of your details. The EPFO verifies your epf member account and rectifies the mistakes if any.
- The employer should be the same person who has created the EPF account which has some corrections to be done.
Know your pf balance:
You can know your pf balance through 3 different modes:
- Epf balance check through missed call
- Epf balance check online
- EPF balance check through SMS.
While making online payment of EPF make sure that you are cross verifying the details twice before proceeding to the next step so that you need not waste your time rectifying it later.